We are committed to conducting our business in a responsible manner and treating all stakeholders with integrity and respect. We have produced a number of corporate documents to promote the ethos of responsible business including our new Code of Conduct and Subcontractor Handbook.
We are proud of our quality supply chain and the value they add to our business. We have developed our new supply chain management process to ensure we work with like-minded companies that will join us on our goal of becoming a more sustainable business.
We have become increasingly aware of the economic impact we have within the communities we operate. Increasing the use of local supply chain partners is a key objective and target for us and remains high on our corporate agenda. We continue to work with all stakeholders including our own procurement teams to increase the use of local suppliers.
We recognise the socio-economic impact our procurement choices can have both at a local level and globally. We have therefore implemented our sustainable procurement policy to increase the volume of responsible sourcing of sustainable products and materials including the use of FSC/PEFC timber, recycled materials and / or materials made from a recycled content and the use of materials listed in the Green Book.
Key Achievements in 2018/19:
- BITC Responsible Business of the Year – Winner
- BITC CORE – Gold
- BITC Environmental Benchmarking Survey – Platinum
- Investors in People – Platinum
- CIOB Construction Manager of the Year – Gold
- Considerate Constructors Scheme National Site Awards – Gold & Silver
- BIM Certified – PAS 1192 – 2:2013
- Construction Excellence Award – Winner in Education category
- ROSPA Award – Gold
- Average Considerate Constructors Scheme score of 43/50 (well above UK average score of 35.5)
- Adding 92 new subcontractors to our approved list
Corporate Responsibility Report 2018/19
Corporate Responsibility Report 2017/18
Corporate Responsibility Report 2016/17
Corporate Responsibility Report 2015/16
Corporate Responsibility Report 2014/15