We are committed to conducting our business in a responsible manner and treating all stakeholders with integrity and respect. We have produced a number of corporate documents to promote the ethos of responsible business including our new Code of Conduct and Subcontractor Handbook.
We recognise the value of building a diverse workforce. We have worked hard to build a dedicated team that is proud to work for our company and committed to ensuring we lead through excellence and innovation.
We are proud of our quality supply chain and the value they add to our business. We have developed our new supply chain management process to ensure we work with like-minded companies that will join us on our goal of becoming a more sustainable business.
We have become increasingly aware of the economic impact we have within the communities we operate. Increasing the use of local supply chain partners is a key objective and target for us and remains high on our corporate agenda. We continue to work with all stakeholders including our own procurement teams to increase the use of local suppliers.
We recognise the socio-economic impact our procurement choices can have both at a local level and globally. We have therefore implemented our sustainable procurement policy to increase the volume of responsible sourcing of sustainable products and materials including the use of FSC/PEFC timber, recycled materials and / or materials made from a recycled content and the use of materials listed in the Green Book.
Key Achievements in 2017:
- BITC CORE Gold
- BITC Environmental Benchmarking Survey Gold
- Investors in People – Platinum
- British Safety Council International H&S Award – Merit
- Health Working Lives Scotland – Bronze Award
- Sustainable Ireland – Sustainable Project of the Year Award 2017 – NIA
- Construction Excellence Award – Training Award
- British Council of Offices BCO – finalist – Forthriver Innovation Factory
- Considerate Constructors Scheme
- Foyle College: Gold & Most Considerate Site Award
- Arthurlie Family Centre: Bronze Award
- Porsche Centre: Bronze Award
- Upgrade to new 2015 ISO9001 & ISO14001
- Average Considerate Constructors Scheme score of 42/50 (well above UK average score of 35.5)
- The Faculty of Arts, The University of Ulster, Coleraine Campus features on the cover of the new 2018 BREEAM manual
- Adding 180 new subcontractors to our approved list
- 11 case studies on the Considerate Constructors Scheme Best Practice Hub.
Corporate Responsibility Report 2017/18
Corporate Responsibility Report 2016/17
Corporate Responsibility Report 2015/16
Corporate Responsibility Report 2014/15