Ulster University Faculty of Arts
Ulster University’s Faculty of Arts Academic Block involved the construction of a technologically advanced and highly sustainable building. The new building was located on a green field site adjacent to the existing Block G.
This project entailed the construction of a new 3 storey building within an existing live campus which connected into an existing teaching block. Special considerations had to be given during exams periods and any inconvenient works to the university were carried out of hours. The Building consisted of 2 main blocks separated by central atrium which had feature Glulam columns.
The project was technologically & logistically complex & required a high degree of cooperation between public & private sectors. Our team demonstrated a ‘can-do’ attitude in implementing all delivery procedures via the bespoke Project Execution Plan.
The Ulster University, Coleraine project was awarded BREEAM ‘Excellent’ status.
Request a Capability Document
- 3,500sq ft in each unit
- Construction of a three-storey academic block, with a central atrium and link corridor at first floor level tying back into Block G
- Academic office accommodation with specialist teaching facilities dispersed over the three floors
- The structure is predominately a steel frame with profiled metal decking on traditional strip and pad foundations
- The roof is a combination of lightweight deck and roof lights
- BREEAM “Excellent”
- 250 seat lecture theatre
- TV studio
- Sound studio
- Imaging equipment rooms
- Multimedia language labs
- Building services are designed to naturally ventilate the accommodation with an open plan design to allow maximum natural daylight penetration