The project combines the restoration and refurbishment of the existing listed building with minor demolition at the rear and internal alterations to provide existing pool and heritage/Interpretative facility with a new extension which will provide new 25m 6-lane pool with spectator gallery, wet and dry change, spa and expanded gym facility and car parking.
The reuse of the Grade B+ Listed Building required all work to be carried out using appropriate and salvaged materials, traditional techniques and based on sound internationally recognised conservation principles due to its significance. Works included stonework repair and replacement, brick repair and replacement, cavity wall tie replacement, repointing, cleaning of stonework and brickwork, joinery works and repairs / restoration to existing doors and windows, leadwork and repairs / restoration to gutters and replacement, stabilisations of existing structures and roofing works, salvaged slates to replace two roofs from NRC Coleraine and restoring rooflights. It was essential that the greatest possible care was taken to prevent any damage to the existing structures and historic fabric.
The works comprised the Restoration and Extension to the existing Templemore Baths and included:
- Restoration and fit-out of existing Grade B+ building, restoring the major pool and forming new function room within the existing minor pool and infilling existing courtyard area to form new café area
- Restoration and fit-out of Caretakers Cottage
- New Build Extension including New Pool, Gym, Changing Facilities and Spectator Seating
- Associated Mechanical, Electrical and Lift Installations
- Site works and Drainage Installations, including car parking, hard and soft landscaping
Request a Capability Document
- Grade B+ Listed Building
- 25m 6-lane pool
- Spectator gallery
- State of the art Gym
- New Pool, Changing Facilities and Spectator Seating
- Function Rooms