Clockview Mental Health Facility
Clock View is the first of five sites for development under the TIME (To Improve Mental Health Environments) Initiative by Mersey Care NHS Trust,
Clock View is a state-of-the-art mental health facility for the Walton community in Liverpool. The project involved the development of site to provide a 85 bed inpatient facility including learning and education/training spaces, interview rooms for assessment and crisis resolution home treatment teams and administration/office areas.
The building was designed as a sequence of low pavilions with semi-private and secure gardens that are interlinked by more prominent treatments and offices to create an intensive therapeutic setting.
As well as ecological landscape gardens, staff and service users enjoy a range of artwork commissioned with the building. This new hospital marks a step change in the quality of mental health facilities in the North West of England and is conceived to foster recovery and well-being.
Request a Capability Document
- Gross internal floor area of 6,100m2
- Provision of specialist laboratories and education/training facilities
- Provision of specialist sterile services and extensive M&E installation requirements as well as traditional M&E installations
- Validation of ventilation and air quality in respect of filtration, airflow patterns and relative air pressures as part of controlled environmental conditions to prevent microbial or particulate contamination
- Operational Qualification – Testing, proving and documenting that all installed systems were fully operational following commissioning, and provide the correct environmental conditions and service connections for the correct operation of the sterilization/decontamination processes, and functions within pre-determined limits
- Office Accommodation/Admin zone including meeting and communal areas and general support spaces
- Sustainable technologies used throughout the building with the project constructed to BREEAM Excellent
- LIFT Procurement
- 4 year Framework
- Timber Frame
- 85 individual beds including Adult Dementia and PICU Wards