Clock View is the first of five sites for development under the TIME (To Improve Mental Health Environments) Initiative by Mersey Care NHS Trust,
Clock View is a state-of-the-art mental health facility for the Walton community in Liverpool. The project involved the development of site to provide a 85 bed inpatient facility including learning and education/training spaces, interview rooms for assessment and crisis resolution home treatment teams and administration/office areas.
The building was designed as a sequence of low pavilions with semi-private and secure gardens that are interlinked by more prominent treatments and offices to create an intensive therapeutic setting.
As well as ecological landscape gardens, staff and service users enjoy a range of artwork commissioned with the building. This new hospital marks a step change in the quality of mental health facilities in the North West of England and is conceived to foster recovery and well-being.
- Gross internal floor area of 6,100m2
- Provision of specialist laboratories and education/training facilities
- Provision of specialist sterile services and extensive M&E installation requirements as well as traditional M&E installations
- Validation of ventilation and air quality in respect of filtration, airflow patterns and relative air pressures as part of controlled environmental conditions to prevent microbial or particulate contamination
- Operational Qualification – Testing, proving and documenting that all installed systems were fully operational following commissioning, and provide the correct environmental conditions and service connections for the correct operation of the sterilization/decontamination processes, and functions within pre-determined limits
- Office Accommodation/Admin zone including meeting and communal areas and general support spaces
- Sustainable technologies used throughout the building with the project constructed to BREEAM Excellent
- LIFT Procurement
- 4 year Framework
- Timber Frame
- 85 individual beds including Adult Dementia and PICU Wards