We are committed to conducting our business in a responsible manner and treating all stakeholders with integrity and respect. We have produced a number of corporate documents to promote the ethos of responsible business including our new Code of Conduct and Subcontractor Handbook.
We recognise the value of building a diverse workforce. We have worked hard to build a dedicated team that is proud to work for our company and committed to ensuring we lead through excellence and innovation.
We are proud of our quality supply chain and the value they add to our business. We have developed our new supply chain management process to ensure we work with like-minded companies that will join us on our goal of becoming a more sustainable business.
We have become increasingly aware of the economic impact we have within the communities we operate. Increasing the use of local supply chain partners is a key objective and target for us and remains high on our corporate agenda. We continue to work with all stakeholders including our own procurement teams to increase the use of local suppliers.
We recognise the socio-economic impact our procurement choices can have both at a local level and globally. We have therefore implemented our sustainable procurement policy to increase the volume of responsible sourcing of sustainable products and materials including the use of FSC/PEFC timber, recycled materials and / or materials made from a recycled content and the use of materials listed in the Green Book.
Key Achievements in 2016:
- Achieving Platinum Investors in People (Only company in Northern Ireland & only contractor in UK to achieve platinum)
- Achieving BITC CORE Responsible Business Standard – Gold level
- Achieving FORS – Bronze level
- Increase in female representation to 16% (above industry average of 13%)
- Commitment to STEM Charter
- Average Considerate Constructors Scheme score of 42/50 (well above UK average score of 35.5)
- Winning UK Most Considerate Site at the 2016 Considerate Constructors Scheme Awards -£10M-£50M
- Winning two Considerate Constructors Scheme gold awards
- Adding 120 new subcontractors to our approved list
Download a copy of our Corporate Responsibility Report to see how we performed in 2015.
Download a copy of our Sustainability Performance Report to see how we performed in 2014.